[postgis-devel] Cannot autoconf postgis from SVN

Müller Kirill kirill.mueller at ivt.baug.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 22 06:06:32 PDT 2010

Hello,

I just spent a couple of hours trying to install PostGIS directly from SVN, on an up-to-date Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid). Here is what I did:

- Install postgis prerequisites from Ubuntu archives
- Checkout postgis from SVN (branches/1.5 and trunk, same problem)
- Run aclocal from checkout directory
- Run autoconf from checkout directory

Resulting output:

configure.ac:543: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROJ_VERSION
      See the Autoconf documentation.

Running ./configure afterwards did not succeed.

I am new to autoconf, so I was unable to further investigate this message.

Below is the output of apt-cache policy.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Kirill

muelleki at sparrow:~/postgis-1.5/ > apt-cache policy libproj-dev libgeos-dev libxml2-dev
libproj-dev:
  Installed: 4.7.0-2~lucid1
  Candidate: 4.7.0-2~lucid1
  Version table: