[postgis-devel] can't build on freebsd 8.2 amd86

Jeff Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Thu Oct 14 10:51:30 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to get past this build problem and can't seem to get any traction.

I'm trying to build postgis-1.5.3 on freebsd 8.2 amd64 for postgresql-9.0.2 and keep getting stuck at:

configure: WARNING: could not locate CUnit required for liblwgeom unit tests
checking iconv.h usability... no
checking iconv.h presence... no
checking for iconv.h... no
configure: error: Could not find iconv.h header. Please install libiconv and libiconv-devel.
$ ls -la /usr/local/include/iconv.h
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  9244 Apr 24 20:51 /usr/local/include/iconv.h
$

I know iconv and iconv.h are present, but the ./configure script isn't picking it up.

Respectfully,
Jeff.

Jeff Hamann, PhD
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon 97339-1421
541-754-2457
jeff.hamann[at]forestinformatics[dot]com
http://www.forestinformatics.com
http://forufus.blogspot.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_informatics