[postgis-devel] ER diagram for topology

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed Sep 1 02:20:09 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 09:31:18AM +0200, Peter Hopfgartner wrote:
> Hello
>
> I had a look at the ER diagram for topology. Could it be, that the text in the two diamond shapes should read like "next left edge" and "next right edge" instead of "next left face" and "next right face"?

If you want. But by looking at the diagram it may make
sense to talk about left face and right face as it refers
to the relation with face (right and left diamonds).

"next left face" has to be interpreted as
"next edge for the left face".

Canging to "next left edge" doesn't seem more intuitive to me.

Maybe we can rename to "next left" and "next right", what do
you think ?