[postgis-devel] An ST_Split over MultiGeometry

Andrea Peri 2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 11:29:51 PDT 2010

  Hi,

I'm using the Postgis 2.0.0 trunk. I use this version because I need the
the ST_Split() function.

But unfortunately the ST_Split() available is splitting only on simple
geometry (polygon, line, point), instead I need to split a line over a
multilinestring avoiding the repeat of common parts of geometry.

So I'm write a recursive pgplsql version of ST_Split() which, using the
original ST_Split(), split a line over every part of the MultiLine.

I'm now testing it.

I don't know if this version is of some interesting for add to the trunk
it  (is a pgplsql function) almost meanwhile the original ST_Split()
will not support the MultiLinestring split.

Regards,

Andrea Peri.