[postgis-devel] Testing on Windows PostGIS 1RC1

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Sep 21 15:45:48 PDT 2010

>  Remember that because postgis_comments.sql has extra dependencies for the
documentation build that it needs to be installed from the documentation
Makefile. This is now under PGXS control too, so all you need to do is:

> cd doc/
> make comments-install

> ...and you're golden.

For this then we probably should put a note somewhere in the docs that if
they aren't doing a make install of comments, then the comments will have to
be manually copied.

The point why we package the postgis_comments.sql in the tar is so that
people don't need the extra xsltproc dependency and don't need to run the
step you describe above.  So yah I know the step above works but that is not
the point.

I'll have to get back to you other issue as I don't have my difffs around.

All I recall is the output was something like

SELECT 3456

And the regress just had

SELECT

But lets see what others say.  We are  on windows so who cares since things
don't quite work the same for us anyway.

Thanks,
Regina