[postgis-devel] Testing on Windows PostGIS 1RC1

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Wed Sep 22 19:02:51 PDT 2010

On 9/22/2010 4:31 PM, Martin Davis wrote:
>  I thought it might be worth pointing out that LINESTRING (1 2, 1 2)
> is not invalid according to the OGC SFS

I agree, since validity seems to refer to areal features.  My
interpretation of the SFS does seem to indicate that this is non-simple,
that is, if duplicate vertices don't fall in the definition of "is
simple if it does not pass through the same point twice".

If ever we see an SFS revision, this is something that I *really* hope
they clarify.

-- Kevin