[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.5.2 are we ready for release?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Sep 24 11:08:39 PDT 2010

Paul, Kevin and Mark,

You think we are ready for release yet?  Seems fine to me.

As far as the 2 errors I got in 9.0.  I confirmed it's a new feature that
when you do a SELECT INTO or CREATE TABLE AS

The output also gives count of records.  Snippet from release notes:
--------
"Make SELECT INTO and CREATE TABLE AS return row counts to the client in
their command tags (Boszormenyi Zoltan)

This can save an entire round-trip to the client, allowing result counts and
pagination to be calculated without an additional COUNT query. "

 I suppose we can change our regress to do a CREATE and then insert or
something, but certainly no reason to hold up the release.

Thanks,
Regina