[postgis-devel] PSC Vote to officially drop support for PostgreSQL 8.3 in PostGIS 2.0

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 02:51:10 PDT 2011

On 21/04/11 23:54, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> -1 means "veto and I'll do what it takes to make my position stick".
> So you're OK being 8.3 compatibility tester and fixer?
>
> P.

Well, based upon the fact in the PSC we're a democracy... Since the
majority want to drop the 8.3 support from PostGIS 2.0 then I'll accept
this loss graciously ;)

Oh and unfortunately the PGXS hack has to stay for 8.4 as the patch was
only introduced upstream in 9.0 :(

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS