[postgis-devel] moving liblwgeom forward

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Fri Aug 5 11:20:18 PDT 2011

Good to hear you've got some funding to do work on PostGIS!

I'm a little bit worried about the effects of installing liblwgeom into
the system lib dir on the ability to have multiple different versions of
PostGIS installed simultaneously (for development, testing, migration,
etc.). Tell me this won't be any different than it is now and I'll
probably believe you.

I can't imagine a situation where it makes sense for liblwgeom to have a
different version than postgis. IIRC the only reason they are separated
is to provide a C-based interface to test the liblwgeom functions
without having to go through postgres.

Cheers,
Chris