[postgis-devel] liblwgeom.so, install-liblwgeom, uninstall-liblwgeom

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat Aug 6 10:57:54 PDT 2011

As of r7701 we have 3 new rules in liblwgeom/Makefile:

 libwgeom.so       -- Will attempt to build a shared library whose SONAME
                      is based on POSTGIS_MAJOR_VERSION

 install-liblwgeom -- Will install the shared library under libdir (affected
                      by --prefix, --exec-prefix and --libdir, and also
                      honouring DESTDIR) with real-name formed by full
                      postgis version triplet.

 uninstall-liblwgeom -- Will uninstall the shared library.

None of those rules are invoked by default.
This is to have them for testing w/out breaking any existing use.
I'd love to get failure tickets for builds on non-GNU systems.
Even better I'd like patches :)

Note that all postgis users (raster, postgis, cunit) are linking against
the static (not shared) library.

TODO:
 - Install the static library as well.
 - Install an API header file (with some documentation).
 - Make sure it works on other systems.