[postgis-devel] json-c for postgis

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Aug 17 04:58:58 PDT 2011

[postgis-devel included]

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:55:35PM +0200, Kashif Rasul wrote:

> I am trying to tackle ticket:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/376
>
> by using the json-c library for postgis. Do you think thats a good
> idea? One would need to have json-c as a dependency. However it will
> make it easier to add geojson support.

I dunno much about json-c library.
Which license is it distributed with ?
How big is it ? Can we include it rather than linking it ?
We don't want to depend on anything which isn't packaged
on Debian stable.

Are you sure it's worth a library ? KML and GML outputs are
done w/out any external library...