[postgis-devel] ST_Intersection(raster, geom).val returning integer while expecting float

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 17:47:21 PST 2011

> Tom,
> Are you using the PostGIS Windows binaries?  They are compiled with GDAL
> trunk, unfortunately
> we haven't resolved the issue we are having that GDAL isn't registering our
> GEOS install (or PostGIS is not recognizing that our GDAL is compiled with
> GEOS)
>  (though strangely it does
> compile with GEOS dependency since the .dll we build when we do configure
> with it won't load without it) .
> I think the floating point value thing in order to kick in there is a
> conditional in PostGIS or in GDAL, not sure which
> or both that checks for GDAL compiled with GEOS.  That is not being picked
> up.
>
> Bborie,
>
> please correct me if I misspoke.  Never quite understood that floating point
> setting, but never sat down long enough to see what the issue was there
> whether its our GDAL compile or PostGIS picking up our GDAL settings.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina
> http://www.postgis.us

Regina,

Quickest way to tell if PostGIS's configure picked up GDALFPolygonize
(floating-point polygons) properly is to see if raster/raster_config.h
has GDALFPOLYGONIZE defined to 1.  If that is set, then PostGIS Raster
has been configured to use GDALFPolygonize.

>From what I remember, GDALFPolygonize does not need GEOS to work.
I'll have to build GDAL without GEOS to confirm though.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/alg/fpolygonize.cpp

After the code freeze, I'll be wading into Windows world to see what's
breaking and how to debug in that world.

-bborie