[postgis-devel] GML for empty geometries ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Dec 14 08:37:14 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 07:33:30AM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> On 2011-12-14, at 6:59 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
>
> > What should GML be for empty geometries ?
> > Would this work:
> >
> >  <gml:Point/>
> >  <gml:LineString/>
> >  <gml:Polygon/>
> >  <gml:MultiPolygon/>
> >  <gml:MultiLineString/>
> >  <gml:MultiGeometry/>
>
> Anyone have the gml scheme handy? If it is legal then yes, otherwise we have to go with null.

I'm afraid it's not legal, as gml:Point is documented to contain:
 <sequence><gml:pos></sequence>.

I'm not fond of XML Schemas so don't really know what I'm talking about.
Is 'POINT EMPTY' legal WKT ?

Meanwhile I committed a fix for the representation above.
It fixed a segfault in the polygon case, and made somewhat nicer
the previous representation (obtained by luck).

--strk;