[postgis-devel] Vote to call Feature Freeze, SRID=0, and officially tag the first alpha

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 03:21:30 PST 2011

On 30/12/11 02:16, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Just realized I had a typo.  By alright, meant already in trac.
>
> Do you have this in trac already?  If not please get it in there.
>
> Also what is your vote on other items.
>
> I think Paul already pushed to push til 1/5th 2011.
>
> Perhaps we should define better what alpha means.
>
> To me it means not all stuff may be in there, but I can count on what is
> there working
> if I start using it and working at release time and I have a fairly clear
> idea of what I will be getting in 2.0
> so I can make plans and that we have a freeze point we can easily point at
> and say from this point
> forward -- you'll be okay to do a soft uprade.
>
> So your main stickling issue I see, is I don't see anything under trac
> loader/dumper assigned to you that sounds anything remotely to what you are
> talking about and slated for 2.0.0. Please get it in there if it isn't
> already.

Done - its now ticket #1418.

I think we need to declare a feature freeze in very near future, mainly
because people on the lists are starting to install SVN trunk on
production servers which implies we need to draw a line and get this
stuff out there. I'd just like to get my loader GUI changes included, as
I've been working on them on and off for the best part of a month...

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk