[postgis-devel] Could patch in #810 be applied?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 07:49:53 PST 2011

On 01/02/11 10:17, Peter Hopfgartner wrote:

> We use internally the patch in http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/810 and are quite happy with the improvement.
> Could it be applied? I can provide a version for trunk, too.
>
> Peter Hopfgartner

Hmmmm so it looks as if it is just shifting the origin from (0 0) to the
first vertex (and hence allows an increase in precision in these cases?).

I think the comment needs to be expanded more, but I don't see an issue
with the overall approach. Perhaps more a candidate for trunk rather
than 1.5 though as it will potentially change the regression test output
and real calculation results.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS