[postgis-devel] Calling Index Genii

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Jan 5 07:27:33 PST 2011

And I just did turn on logging and hey presto, both indexes take about
the same number of tree traversals to generate the result. So the
trees are more-or-less the same shape. So... what's left? I'll post
the shark results to see if anything jumps out at you Mark, doesn't
jump out at me. At this point the only thing I've got left is using a
varlena key in the new index and a fixed length one in the old one.

P.