[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #502: [raster] Optimize ST_Intersection to return ST_Value when intersecting with points

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 13 15:00:41 PST 2011

#502: [raster] Optimize ST_Intersection to return ST_Value when intersecting with
points
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  pracine         |       Owner:  pracine
      Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  assigned
 Component:  postgis raster  |     Version:  trunk
Resolution:                  |    Keywords:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by pracine):

 I'm still thinking anout it and consult our big PostGIS raster lidar freak
 user here (Etienne) to try to find the best options possible. At a first
 glance:

 -There should be an option saying to ST_Value should return nodata value
 as NULL or nodata value. NULL by default.

 -There should be an option to specify which one of the four pixel value to
 return when the point geometry falls on the edge of 2 or more pixels.

 -ST_Value should continue to return only one value; use ST_Intersection if
 you want a vector-like behavior with pixel edges (i.e. possibly many
 values).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/502#comment:10>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>