[postgis-devel] PostGIS documentation license

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jul 26 12:03:45 PDT 2011

As several have pointed out the PostGIS documentation does not have a
clearly defined license assigned to it.  This is one of the items on our
todo to finish off our  OSGeo incubation process.

Having it full under GPL like the rest of PostGIS is very unappealing to me.

I would prefer it be under a fairly unrestricted license such as:

Creative Common Attribution ShareAlike - something like this:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/

And if people happen to make money off of adaptations, printed copies of it
etc, more power to them.

Do others have any issues, concerns, comments, preferences about this?

I guess people who actually worked on the documentation should be the
primary ones to decide.

Thanks,

Regina

http://www.postgis.us <http://www.postgis.us/>