[postgis-devel] make check question

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jul 27 10:34:39 PDT 2011

Bryce,

I doubt that is your issue.  That's just a warning I even get on all my
installs.

Check the regress_log it mentions and I'm sure it will point you at the
issue.

That error usually happens for a couple of reasons

a)       Account doesn't have rights to install (but since you got as far as
creating a db, that is probably not the issue)

b)      You are missing a dependency, like it can't find geos, proj,
libi-conv2, or gdal - those are usually the prime suspects.  I usually just
copy those to my postgresql bin before hand since fiddling with the paths
never seems to work for me.

     c) You compiled for the wrong platform of postgres ((this happens to me
sometimes if I mix up my ports and the version of postgres I think is
running on a particular port is not the version I compiled for.

Hope that helps,

Regina

  _____