[postgis-devel] Raster todo list

dustymugs dustymugs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:46:11 PDT 2011

Hey All (and especially Pierre),

I just want to document and discuss what my plans are since it looks
like the dust is starting to settle regarding the functions I've
written, particularly ST_Transform as the dust will be kicked up again soon.

The functions I'm planning on working on next are:

ST_Resample:

this would be adding the ability to change the scale (pixel size) and
the origin (upper-left corner) of a raster using the GDAL library.  How
about de-skewing a raster?

ST_AsRaster:

convert a geometry to a raster using the GDAL library

ST_Accum:

be able to bring together a set of tiles to make one unified raster.  I
really need to be able to do the following:

SELECT
	observation_date,
	ST_Accum(rast)
FROM tmax_2011
GROUP BY observation_date

This function will entail a bunch of issues, such as irregular scales,
unclean overlap of tiles, skew and projection.

ST_Clip:

be able to clip/crop a raster using a geometry or raster as a mask

I haven't had much time yet to think of the specifics for each function
but I'll get to each when I get there.

Thoughts?

-bborie