[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1037: geography: ST_Intersects, ST_DWithin gbox_overlaps: geometries have mismatched dimensionality

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 20 00:43:54 PDT 2011

#1037: geography: ST_Intersects, ST_DWithin gbox_overlaps: geometries have
mismatched dimensionality
 Reporter:  robe     |       Owner:  pramsey
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new

Old description:

> Paul,
>
> Can you take a look at the attached query and let me know if it errors
> out for you.  I'm getting a lot of these errors with my California
> geometries when experimenting with geography.
>
> This fails on 1.5.2, 1.5.3 rc1, and 2.0.0 trunk.
>
> This particular polygon has 380 points (smallish in myset).  I've tried
> with smaller polygons and don't have the issue so not sure if its a
> number of points issue or not.  I've got some polygons with over 20,000
> points also failing.  This is on a Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit running 32-bit
> PostgreSQL/PostGIS in case that matters).

New description:

 Paul,

 Can you take a look at the attached query and let me know if it errors out
 for you.  I'm getting a lot of these errors with my California geometries
 when experimenting with geography.
 This query gives a: ERROR:  gbox_overlaps: geometries have mismatched
 dimensionality error.

--

Comment(by robe):

 This could be related to bug #261 that you fixed.

 You did say their might be other cases like this lurking in the code.
 FWIW:

 ST_Distance, ST_DWithin, ST_Intersects calls for these 2 geometries also
 gives the

 ERROR:  gbox_overlaps: geometries have mismatched dimensionality

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1037#comment:1>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>