[postgis-devel] PostGIS raster feedback

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 04:22:13 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Just an email to say that I'm currently working on a project that
requires raster capability and so it's the first time I've managed to
take a look at the new functionality.

And I'm really impressed at the work that you guys have done so far in
regard to the implementation and documentation - great effort guys!

In terms of things to do for a 2.0 release, I'd like suggest the following:

- Review the consolidation of the raster/vector codebases. The directory
structure in particular looks as if it's just been dumped there, and
there is some work to remove excessive version numbering in
autoconf/separate raster versioning

- Convert raster2pgsql.py to C with a longer-term view of integrating it
into the loader GUI.

I can probably start to take a look at the C conversion if everyone
agrees that this is the right thing to do going forward?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk