[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1059: Regress failure after gserialized: ST_ASGML/ST_GeomFromGML POINT empty invalid GML

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 23 14:56:45 PDT 2011

#1059: Regress failure after gserialized: ST_ASGML/ST_GeomFromGML POINT empty
invalid GML
 Reporter:  robe     |       Owner:  pramsey
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
 This is the first of several bug reports comparing our new PostGIS 2.0
 with PostGIS 2.0 circa r7331.

 {{{
 SELECT ST_GeomFromGML(ST_AsGML(ST_GeomFromText('POINT EMPTY',4326)));
 }}}
 In prior would return something and if I did an ST_AsText on the geometry
 returned, I would get:

 {{{
 SELECT ST_AsText(ST_GeomFromGML(ST_AsGML(ST_GeomFromText('POINT
 EMPTY',4326))));

 MULTIPOINT EMPTY
 }}}

 In current trunk I get:

 {{{
 ERROR:  invalid GML representation
 CONTEXT:  SQL function "st_geomfromgml" statement 1

 -- note ST_AsGML for point empty now returns:
 <gml:Point
 srsName="EPSG:4326"><gml:coordinates></gml:coordinates></gml:Point>

 }}}

 Which looks all well and good, but I guess the GeomFromGML can't handle
 it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1059>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>