[postgis-devel] KNN, again

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Sun Jun 26 11:38:09 PDT 2011

Hi -

  sorry for my lack of penetrating insight on this topic

Does the nearly complete PostGIS 1.5.3 have a way to take advantage of
a KNN GIST index if it is there in Pg 9.1 ?

How will PostGIS 2.0 detect and use KNN GIST in 9.1, and not in 8.4 and 9.0 ?

--
  I honestly tried to read the PG KNN patches directly, but the GIST
mechanism is so broad, and touches so many files, that I got lost.. I

  thanks in advance
   -Brian

==
Brian Hamlin