[postgis-devel] Contributing code to PostGIS Raster

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Wed Mar 23 07:40:40 PDT 2011

Hi Bborie,

I'm glad you are interested in the PostGIS raster project.

>I'm wondering as to the procedure to contributing code (and hopefully
>funnel some funding depending on how the grants go) to the PostGIS
>Raster work.  I've already looked at PostGIS's Planning and Funding
>page as well as the Working Specs for Future Versions page but I still
>have some questions.  Specifically, my questions are:
>
>1. Is there someone I should talk to about contributing code?

Me... and Jorge, but to the list in general is good also.

>2. Should I be telling someone what code/FV milestones I'm working on?

Yes unless you like to reinvent the wheel...

>3. Who do I send patchsets to?  Is it to the bug tracker?

I would suggest you fill a ticket in Trac, describe what you need and your approach, we will see how if/how it is already planned and how we can plan it.

Any contribution is welcome,

Pierre