[postgis-devel] Contributing code to PostGIS Raster

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Wed Mar 23 08:59:15 PDT 2011

>> Was there anything implemented yet? Could Bborie take over? So you could focus on the GDAL driver
>(and tickets)?
>>

>rt_raster_dump_as_wktpolygons transform a PostGIS Raster in a GDAL
>Raster using VRT driver. This is the closest implemented reference for
>Bborie right now, I think.
>
>Anyway, I can work on GDAL PostGIS Raster driver at same time. There
>should be no interference.

So I guess we can leave this to Bborie. Ok for you Bborie?

Just mimic rt_raster_dump_as_wktpolygons to pass the PostGIS Raster to GDAL and return the raster returned by GDAL. Et voila! Then you can implement the wrappers...

>> What about "FV.05 - Being able to reproject a raster"? I guess the plan was also to pass the raster
>to GDAL. Anything implemented?
>>

>Not yet, but gdalwarp.cpp may be a good starting point
>http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/apps/gdalwarp.cpp

There you go Bborie...

ST_Resample (part of FV.06) would also be very useful and be implemented in a very similar way same way as FV.05 if you have time.

>> I am planning to work on FV03 in some weeks as there was a nice progress made by David during the
>code sprint. FV03 should almost be trivial to implement now and I have people here who need it.
>>

>Great! Are you planning to use C implementation? Could you test the
>last changes?

Yes. I'm finishing reviewing ST_AddBand (#871) and then will test your fix to MapAlgebra. Then I will do, in order, #866, #643, #644, #645. I will then start working on FV.03.

Sounds good for everybody?

Pierre