[postgis-devel] Contributing code to PostGIS Raster

David Zwarg dzwarg+postgis at azavea.com
Wed Mar 23 15:56:03 PDT 2011

2011/3/23 Jorge Arévalo <jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com>

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Pierre Racine
> <Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca> wrote:
> >>Yes, I think it's the best way. A generic ST_AsGDALRaster and several
> >>wrappers around it.
> >
> > Was there anything implemented yet? Could Bborie take over? So you could
> focus on the GDAL driver (and tickets)?
> >

> rt_raster_dump_as_wktpolygons transform a PostGIS Raster in a GDAL
> Raster using VRT driver. This is the closest implemented reference for
> Bborie right now, I think.

Hello,

I filed some additional information in
#870<http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/870>about
rt_raster_dump_as_wktpolygons. It specifically will speed up the dual
loops inside of that function, and reduce the number of features created and
destroyed.

It would be worth investigating that approach before using the current
method as a template of other functions.

Thanks,
David