[postgis-devel] Speaking of openness and formality - finish vote on Bborie Park as a committer

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Mon May 16 10:04:17 PDT 2011

Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 04:17:49PM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote
>>> -It would be nice to have the "SVN Commit Practice numbered"
>>>
> Please let's not get _that_ formal :)

Agreed. I think the solution to this is to have our committer
"agreement" say "you agree to maintain the code according to the current
committer guidelines" and have the actual guidelines be a separate
document. The more law/license based stuff still needs to be in the
actual agreement, but the fluffy stuff like how many spaces before a
bracket and what to note in your commit logs etc can easily be relegated
to another document with less formal change control. Still I think once
we get it reasonably in shape I doubt it will need many further changes.

Chris