[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #967: [raster] raster regress failures - raster functions not being installed right during regress

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri May 20 14:16:36 PDT 2011

#967: [raster] raster regress failures - raster functions not being installed
right during regress
 Reporter:  robe            |       Owner:  pracine
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
 This is a followup to Paul's comment.

 http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-
 devel/2011-May/013066.html

 I took get the same failures -- run tests: 53
 failed: 40

 I apologize for not having brought it up earlier. I just assumed it was an
 isolated mingw issue.

 Anyrate on further inspection -- the errors are largely because raster
 fails installation partly.

 I have no raster operators installed under regress install (though all
 installs fine under regular conditions).

 Just to point out the bogusness of these errors

 {{{
 select st_isempty(rast) from empty_raster_test;
 }}}

 fails with function st_isempty(raster) does not exist

 Works fine via my script install.

 When I compare the postgis_reg to my standard install,
 I see that for postgis_reg, none of the raster casts are installed though
 the raster type does exist.

 So all the tests that rely on raster 2 geometry casts fail.

 The only thing I see suspicious in the regress log is this

 {{{
 psql:c:/projects/PostGIS/trunk/regress/../raster/test/regress/rtpostgis.sql:1471:
 ERROR:  cannot change name of input parameter "pixeltype"
 HINT:  Use DROP FUNCTION first.
 }}}

 But I don't get that error during my regular install of raster

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/967>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>