[postgis-devel] In-place upgrade to 2.0

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue May 24 08:30:12 PDT 2011

yes, my scheme was going to be to two-step by first creating
GEOMETRY2, then altering all the columns to that (by maintaining an
lwgeom handler to do the cast from serialized_form to gserialized),
then creating GEOMETRY and altering all the columns to that. Which
would work fine for data-only databases, but installations with more
complex constructions (views, triggers) expecting 'geometry' input
arguments might balk if I alter their column types underneath them.

P.