[postgis-devel] lwgeom->bbox

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Nov 2 01:54:20 PDT 2011

Still I don't think computation has to be forced, so the idea
of an argument flag for bbox computation (deep or shallow)
seems good to me.

Of course computing intermediate boxes while computing the outermost
wouldn't add much overhead, if not the one required to allocate
the boxes (which wouldn't be there if we keep boxes by value in the
structure).

But on first deserialization we might have outer box w/out computing,
thus saving the time/space required to compute at all levels.

--strk;