[postgis-devel] PostGIS Raster ST_Resample dimension issue

ServerAlex serveralex at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 14:25:05 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying ST_Resample to resample a raster given in UTM
projection to WGS84. Basically there are many 10x10 raster blocks in
WGS84 in the database. I query them , transform them to UTM for
geospatial interpolation things that result in an UTM raster with
different height and weight than the original WGS84 raster. Now when I
transform it back via ST_Resample using the original 10x10 raster
blocks as reference it will result in WGS84 rasters that are no longer
10x10 in dimension. I've had a look at the PostGIS source code and
noticed that the output dimensions of ST_Resample are calculated
automatically. This is confusing to me as it totally ignores the
dimensions of the reference raster. Is this the wanted behaviour? Can
you adjust the API or add a different function that respects the
reference raster dimensions?

Regards,
Alex