[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1252: SRID appearing in ST_AsText for particular multipolygon

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Nov 5 12:48:03 PDT 2011

> > Comment(by robe):
> >
> >  strk - FYI - just retired again on  a1.5.3 database running the
> > latest  3.3.2dev and I still get the same weird behavior.
> Now I fear
> > it might be  a windows only bug.
> >
> >  Do you have a 1.5 install?  I haven't compiled 1.5.4svn to
> see if the
> > problem is still there I'll try to do that later.
> >
> >  Make sure you are testing with the script I attached to this ticket
> >
> >  http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/attachment/ticket/1252/weird_poly.sql
>
> Robe, are you saying you can reproduce the bug with the
> attached script ?
> I surely can't, and I'm surprised you can.
> I'm testing with 1.5 branch.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying.  On a different box from the one I
noticed the problem.
Both are windows boxes 64-bit running 32-bit PostGIS however.  On my local
64-bit Windows 7 desktop
and a 64-bit Windows 2008 cloud server.

Both runnint PostGIS 1.5.3, PostgreSQL 9.0 (I can reporduce on my 9.1
instance too running 1.5.3). I haven't had a chance to test on 1.5.4 branch
yet though
so I'll compile that and see if maybe the problem goes away.

I'll also try to run on a 1.5.2 (as I recall the server I had that didn't
exhibit this problem was running 3.3.0, PostGIS 1.5.2 and 32-bit Windows
2003)
but I'll verify on my desktop to rule out a change in 1.5.3 as the culprit.

Strk -- so you are saying that when you run:
SELECT ST_AsText(ST_Union(geom))
FROM (SELECT (ST_Dump(geom)).geom
FROM weird_mpoly) As foo ;

You are not seeing the srid stuck in the ST_AsText output?

Thanks,
Regina