[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1252: SRID appearing in ST_AsText for particular multipolygon

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Nov 6 15:35:38 PST 2011

 Paul, strk,

I'm sure you are getting tired of me at this point.  One more test before I
close this out as a wontfix and unsolved mystery.

I checked my windows 2008 32-bit install, though the ST_AsText looks normal,
the ST_Summary gives the same bizarre answer as the 64-bit one.

MultiPolygon[BS] with 6 elements
  Polygon[S] with 1 rings
   ring 0 has 201 points
  Polygon[] with 1 rings
   ring 0 has 213 points
  Polygon[] with 1 rings
   ring 0 has 25 points
  Polygon[] with 1 rings
   ring 0 has 78 points
  Polygon[] with 1 rings
   ring 0 has 81 points
  Polygon[] with 3 rings
   ring 0 has 284 points
   ring 1 has 22 points
   ring 2 has 46 points

In PostGIS 2.0, I can't tell since we don't output the S anymore and
ST_AsText gives normal answer for both 32-bit and 64-bit. So I guess that
makes me feel a bit better that both give the same goofy answer.

strk -- can you verify on your 1.5 (not sure if Paul still has his)

If

SELECT ST_Summary(ST_Union(geom))
FROM (SELECT (ST_Dump(geom)).geom
FROM weird_mpoly) As foo ;

Is normal or gives the same strange answer.  Just humor me a little.

Thanks,
Regina