[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #376: Add ST_GeomFromGeoJSON

Kashif Rasul kashif.rasul at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 14:30:41 PDT 2011

Dear oliver

This is a complete patch of all my changes... so initially I added geojson
export via json-c but realized that to get support for double
with precision one would need to patch the json-c lib. as done by GDAL. Not
sure if we wanna do this at the moment so I reverted the export to the
original version.

In terms of the performance, in the end json-c lib. is doing what the
hand-written json creation in the orignal version was/is doing so I dont
think there will be any significant performance changes.

Hope this answers your questions and thanks for the encouragement.

Kashif
ps. I will be in flying into Denver this Thursday for Foss4g and SOTM, hope
to meet many of you there.