[postgis-devel] Problems compiling ( libtool )

Nathan Clay clay.nathaniel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:59:20 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Ubuntu apparently uses dash and redirects all evocations of /bin/sh,
/bin/bash,  /bin/rbash etc. to /bin/dash. This was causing the libtool
script to fail. I resolved the issue by running:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash and answering no.

Again thanks for all the help! I now have a successful build.

Sincerely,

Nathaniel H Clay