[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1748: [raster] st_intersection function names in docs don't match with what's installed

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 3 03:36:40 PDT 2012

#1748: [raster] st_intersection function names in docs don't match with what's
installed
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  robe    |       Owner:  pracine
     Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 I thought we had this right before but I'm noticing the docs have argument
 names that don't match the argument names installed.

 this should match in case people use named arguments.  They will expect
 the documentation names to match what is installed.  I propose we leave
 the function names alone and change the documentation since changing arg
 names of functions is a somewhat involved process that requires dropping
 the function.

 I thought this used to match did someone try to prettify the docs by
 changing the names.

 e.g

 our docs say this:

 {{{
 rast1, band_num1, rast2, band_num2, returnband,nodataval
 }}}

 but our function is coded like this:

 {{{
 rast1, band1 , rast2, band2 , returnband, nodataval
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1748>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>