[postgis-devel] trunk == 2.0.1

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Thu Apr 5 17:12:24 PDT 2012

I think that releasing the postgis 2.0.0 package as "postgis2" is a
better approach, as you really don't want people to be able to
automatically replace their postgis 1.5 with postgis 2.0.0.

Creating postgis1 packages will just force everyone to go through this
nasty process... that said, for anyone who has already "upgraded" to
2.0.0 using your packages, they will need the postgis1 package to go
back and fix things.

What a mess!

Chris