[postgis-devel] Stats

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Sat Dec 1 12:35:41 PST 2012

No, unfortunately it doesn't work like that. We need a raster system
that can do voxels, not just pixels. If you're thinking about your
image coordinates in terms of i,j, or x,y, you aren't going to be able
to do N-D, no matter how many bands you have available. (Well, not
entirely true, you could hack a 3-d system by having band one be the z
coordinate and band two be the z value, but that's as far as that
trick will take you.)

P.