[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1525: [raster] Redefine and expand the keywords available to MapAlgebra expressions

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 3 06:44:48 PST 2012

#1525: [raster] Redefine and expand the keywords available to MapAlgebra
expressions
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dustymugs    |       Owner:  pracine
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment(by pracine):

 Replying to [comment:21 dustymugs]:
 > Replying to [comment:20 strk]:
 > > Note that #1119 is about enhancing expressivity further to take into
 account band number.
 > > Using [n] for addressing a band number wouldn't be that readable
 inside brackets.
 > > I wonder if we could find a general syntax capable of addressing
 multiple rasters (rather than only 1 or 2) and multiple bands in them.

 > > Like:
 > >
 > > {{{
 > > :rast[1].band[2].val
 > > :rast[2].band[1].x
 > > }}}
 > >
 > > Or, if we prefer square brackets:
 > >
 > > {{{
 > > [rast1.band2.val]
 > > [rast2.band1.x]
 > > }}}
 > >
 > > With defaults:
 > >
 > > {{{
 > > [rast.band2.y] -- defaults to rast1
 > > [rast3.band.val] -- defaults to band1
 > > [rast.x] -- defaults to rast1.band1.x
 > > [rast] -- defaults to rast1.band1.val
 > > }}}
 >
 > You may want to put this in the other ticket (#1119) as this feels like
 it is better suited there.

 And please see my comment in the other ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1525#comment:22>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>