[postgis-devel] New node splitting algorithm for GiST

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 01:33:47 PST 2012

On 15/02/12 16:14, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
> We're getting close to the 2.0 release, but I would accept and apply a
> patch wrapped in a big #define to allow people to optionally choose
> the new split routine at build time as an experimental option.
> Paul

In terms of getting a 2.0 release out, I don't think this is the right
time to be doing this for such a new feature. I'd much rather have a
shorter 2.1 cycle (say 6 months) and apply the patch just after branch
to give it the testing time it requires rather than add more complicated
#ifdeffery in a critical piece of code.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS