[postgis-devel] circular dependency in doc/ ?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Feb 29 03:05:05 PST 2012

On 29/02/12 10:00, Sandro Santilli wrote:

>> An environment variable, maybe. Like RUNTESTFLAGS for "make check".
>> Should check if xsltproc supports a switch to disable --nonet in
>> order to override the default...
>
> In r9343 we have support for a XSLTPROCFLAGS. but I found no way
> to disable a --nonet switch so we need something smarter.
>
> What we could do is haveing XSLTPROCFLAGS default to --nonet if nothing
> is given, which means you can disable it using something like:
>
>     make html XSLTPROCFLAGS=

Does xsltproc not have a download-only mode where it will download the
DTDs to a user-specified directory? Then we could invoke it once to do
that (assuming that it will finish quickly if there files aren't there),
and then a second time to actually do the build.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk