[postgis-devel] Vote on Merging postgis and raster installs and when

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 02:51:32 PST 2012

On 02/01/12 17:05, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> I am more on Regina's side, it doesn't harm us to have everything installed, and it only makes the user experience more simple. In for a penny, in for pound,
>
> P.

+1 for putting everything together (although we can still generate the
global extension SQL from individual files if necessary).

I'd much rather people had a fixed feature set which they know they get
when they install PostGIS 2.0 rather than all the problems we had before
with people compiling against different combinations of GEOS/PROJ etc....

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk