[postgis-devel] Extension Versions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Mon Jan 9 13:54:42 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
> What is our convention on what .in files should contain?  I've always
> assumed its a fully functional sql that is not
> meant to stand on its on.

The extensions denote what kind of processing is expected on them...

.in.c will be run through the C preprocessor to pick up #defines etc
.in will be run through a simple substitution for MODULE_PATHNAME

Looking at them, the .in step could easily be added to the C
preprocessor routine, removing one category of file right away.

However I think I will leave well-enough alone for now.