[postgis-devel] regress no longer

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Wed Jan 18 09:39:52 PST 2012

Sandro,

Your renovation of the regression install and handling has broken the
regress system entirely for me.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/8853/trunk/regress/run_test

The symptom is that you have a bunch of code that thinks the
postgis.sql file in is ${STAGED_INSTALL_DIR}/share/contrib/postgis
while in fact it's in ${STAGED_INSTALL_DIR}/share/contrib/postgis-2.0

I feel like the actual disease though is building the explicit install
location assumption into the scripts, since the install location is
dependent on the PGXS target, which is outside our control. Somehow
the install location should be read from PGXS, not hard coded into the
scripts and Makefiles. Isn't that how it worked before?

P.