[postgis-devel] Error compiling PostGIS in Snow Leopard (logs inside)

Jorge Arevalo jorgearevalo at libregis.org
Tue Mar 6 16:18:08 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to compile PostGIS in Snow Leopard using KyngChaos Frameworks
(UnixImageIO, PROJ and GEOS frameworks. See
http://www.kyngchaos.com/macosx/build/index). I've successfully compiled
GDAL using those frameworks, plus expat (
http://www.kyngchaos.com/macosx/build/expat). Instructions are here
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnMac

Now I get errors when trying to compile PostGIS on Mac. The configure line
used is:

./configure --with-pgconfig=/Library/PostgreSQL/9.1/bin/pg_config
--mandir=/usr/local/pgsql/man
--with-geosconfig=/Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework/unix/bin/geos-config
--with-projdir=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix
--with-gdalconfig=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/bin/gdal-config

And the configure output is here (correct):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61566717/output/configure_output.log

When I execute make, I get this error: "Undefined symbols for architecture
i386:", followed by some lwgeom functions. Looks like those functions are
not linked, because they're not found. I got a similar error compiling
GDAL, but I fixed it by specifying "--without-libtool" in configure time. I
can't do the same with PostGIS.

Things I've tried:
- Specify "--disable-libtool-lock" in configure time. Not working.
- Specify "--without-raster" in configure time. The error raises when
trying to build librtcore.a. Not working. Same error, but when trying to
build the pgsql2shp loader.

Here, the complete make output:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61566717/output/make_output.log

Any clues?