[postgis-devel] ST_Envelope & spatial index

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 15:07:24 PDT 2012

Thx Paul for explaination.
I don't know the question of  ST_ConvexHull(raster).
You have right , the ST_Extent will scan all the table.

My really question is that

To understand how work the postgis raster , I try to load a raster table
with this settings:

raster2pgsql -s 3003 -l 3 -C -e -Y -I -M *.tif -F -f rast -d -t 100x100
my_schema.ofc10k_2010 > ofc10k_2010.sql

They are about 80 tiffs where every tif file is an color orthophoto of
about 13.000 x 11.000 px each.

After this I need to find the total extent covered from all the raster
table.

To find this I try this query:

select ST_Extent(ST_Envelope(rast)) from tabella;

But it take many time, too time I guess.

--
Andrea Peri