[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1690: Sort out ERROR: transform: couldn''t project point (180 -90 0): tolerance condition error (-20)

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 16 08:49:39 PDT 2012

#1690: Sort out ERROR:  transform: couldn''t project point (180 -90 0): tolerance
condition error (-20)
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  strk     |       Owner:  pramsey
      Type:  task     |      Status:  closed
 Component:  postgis  |     Version:  trunk
Resolution:  fixed    |    Keywords:

Comment(by strk):

 Interesting enough (for me), mapnik added a special handling for the case:

 https://github.com/mapnik/mapnik/blob/master/src/proj_transform.cpp#L54

 You see they only handle WGS84 to Mercator, and only when a specific proj
 string is given. We could actually do better, if we wanted to go there
 (but I suspect we don't).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1690#comment:7>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>