[postgis-devel] topology expectations?

Jose Carlos Martinez jomarlla at cgf.upv.es
Thu Mar 29 06:17:06 PDT 2012

On 28/03/2012 9:48, Martin Landa wrote:
> 2012/3/21 Sandro Santilli<strk at keybit.net>:
>> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 05:28:07PM +0100, Jose Carlos Martinez wrote:
>>
>>> Anyways congratulations because I think you are doing a great job
>>> with persistent topology. It was a lack of functionality in all the
>>> open source software.
>> Thanks !
>> But I've the impression GRASS has been supporting that for years
>> (I'm not a user so can't really tell more about it).
> sure, GRASS has full (2D) topology support for years. Anyway thanks
> for a great job in introducing topology support in PostGIS.
>
> Martin
>
> [1] http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/vectorlib.html#vlibTopoManagement

Hi,  Martin and thanks for the information, even this is not the Grass
List but because of the topic we talked about Grass comparing with
PostGIS, can you give us more information about:

when you are talking about full topology, you mean Grass is following
SQL/MM or Oracle Spatial model or just an arc-info model?
With grass you can make different layers from the same topology?

I was a little confused about Grass because I though grass was following
arcinfo model and not SQL/MM model or oracle spatial model.
I would appreciate any answer because even though I read grass docs I m
not sure about the grass topology model.

Thanks,
Jose