[postgis-devel] PostGis raster and GDAL 1.9

David B�langer belanger_david at live.ca
Thu May 17 07:24:51 PDT 2012

Hi,
I stored DEM raster data in PostGIS 2.0 and I used gdal_translate (with mode=2) to extract a mosaic of tiles. When I’m using GDAL 1.8 is working but when I’m using GDAL 1.9 I can see the values of pixel for just one tile. For example I uploaded in the database a tile with an attribute filename=056n05_w and an other tile with an filename=056n05_e and I executed the command with GDAL 1.8 and GDAL 1.9:

gdal_translate" -a_nodata "-32767" -of GTIFF  "PG:host=myhost port=14070 dbname='mybd' user='myuser' password='mypassword' schema='myschema'table='Elevation' mode=2 where=\"filename LIKE \'%056n05%\'\" " 056N05.tif

With GDAL 1.8 I obtained a mosaic of 2 tiles (the result expected) but with GDAL 1.9, I obtained a raster with the same extent but only the values of the tile 056n05_w are present. The pixels of the tile 056n05_w have a value 0.

I tried the stable version 1.9 MSVC2008 (Win32) and development version available today  at  http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/ and I have still the same problem. For your information, I'm running GDAL on windows7 and PostGIS 2.0 is installed on a Linux server. I tried many version of GDAL 1.9 and I always have the same problem. The version 1.8 is working very well but I would like to take advantage of the improvements in the last version because I'm working on a project where processing time is very important.

Does any developper has an idea for this problem ?

Thanks

David Bélanger